Geforce Solaris Display Driver – x64/x86 released 13 th January 2014
Nividia announces a new release containing a number of bug fixes and updates the highlights of the release are outlined below.
- Fixed a bug that caused the X server to crash if video memory is exhausted and the GPU does not support rendering to system memory.
- Updated nvidia-installer to make the --multiple-kernel-modules option imply the --no-unified-memory option: Unified memory is incompatible with multiple kernel modules.
- Improved the robustness of the NVIDIA X driver in scenarios where GPU-accessible memory for allocating pixmaps was exhausted.
NV-CONTROL attributes to control the brightness of the illuminated
logos on certain graphics boards.For example, to turn off the
illumination of the "GEFORCE GTX" lettering on the GeForce GTX 780, use
nvidia-settings --assign GPULogoBrightness=0
- Fixed a bug that prevented screen transformations from being applied properly when starting X.
- GLX protocol for the following OpenGL extensions from OpenGL 2.1 and OpenGL 3.0 have been promoted from unofficial to ARB approved official status:
Nividia download link http://www.geforce.co.uk/drivers/results/72333